Friday, October 18, 2013

"Jesus stretched forth his hand and caught him"

“Jesus sake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer: it is I; be not afraid.”

In my life, I have many trials. Whether it is small daily temptations or physical or mental limitations, there seems to be always another thing to worry about. In Matthew 14, we read about Jesus’ disciples upon a ship who have a trial with a turbulent sea. They were fearful and when Jesus came to them in despair, they challenged the Lord. They asked him to perform a miracle to prove he was their Savior. Christ calmed the seas and called for Peter to walk with him. When the seas became rough again, peter feared and doubted and began to sink. Once Peter asked for help for the second time Christ immediately reached for Peter’s hand and caught him.


Our seas are not always calm but Christ is always there. Always, even when we doubt a second time. I had a time when I doubted myself, my life, my morals and everything I thought I believed in. I felt the seas around me become rough. I was tossed around through what the media said, what my friends said, and what my family said. But in the end, I had to ask the one person that knew how to help me. I had to ask for Christ to reach out his hand to help me. Through his servants, I began to find m own beliefs. I can now walk with him. But I have confidence that even if I fall, he will catch me.

No comments:

Post a Comment