Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Take Your Own Advice

Last night was a little hard for me. Multiple things transpired sending me into sobs. The first beginning with Downton Abby. (I know, I know). The last, a loss of a fellow student.

I called my cousin and best friend in tears. We talked about self worth mostly, but then she said something along the lines of taking her own advice that she gave me.

Although she grew up in Washington and I grew up in Oregon, we went and go through a lot of the same trials. She goes to one of the biggest schools in the nation and I go to one of the most private but we still have similar experiences. Her advice to me helped so much to get over my trials. Yes, I could have told my self the things we talked about, but would I have listened?

Listen to yourself. Know when it's just not your mind talking, but the Holy Ghost too. Try to take your own advice and it may lead you to bigger and better things. More than you could ever have hoped. But you don't have to do it alone. I'll be right behind you. Always.

Love, Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment